lunes, 2 de noviembre de 2015

Song with a special meaning

Hi classmates. Today, I'll talk you about a special song for me. It's hard to pick just one, but I'll try.
I wanted to choose like 20 songs of Beck, because I think he's a musical god, I guess he is my favorite artist, the way he makes a funky song and then a deep-heartbreaker song, never mediocre, his lyrics, so crazy but real, sometimes you think "wow, this dude is talking fish heads", but then you realize he's talking about the loneliness, the pop and its industry, gringos or the business man who stole us the money. He's just unpredictable, always trying new styles and just pressing buttons with sounds. Always a faultless creation.
Well, the song I chose is "Soul Suckin Jerk". It's a very funny song, it has a lot of different rhytyms, the music is very changeable, and the lyrics seems to be a joke, until you understand he's talkin about labor exploitation. When I am at work, been exploted by my crazy boss, I remember this song and I feel a little better because Beck's on my side, yeah. Please read the lyrics, the way he tells the story is very particular and comical. You may think it says a lot of inconsistencies, but no, my friend, he is telling us we are screw by the fat fishes, that bitches who stole us our soul to increase profits to pay the surgery of his Yingo wifes and get a house in Miami. BECKKKK, COME AND SAVE US!!!!!

But, not everything is roses on the garden, because Beck sang with Taylor Swift months ago.... sad, disappointing, but truth... is he on the other side right now?? I don't wanna know..... :'(


HERE IS THE SONG

Cya.

7 comentarios:

  1. I love Beck too, "Looser", "The Devil's Haircut", etc :)
    The Futurama episode its epic!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I didn't knew of the existence of Beck, I'm going to check him later.
    One advice? keep trusting him, he sounds like a good guy.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Beck fraking rules!
    I remember once I was at this flea market looking at the junk they sold and I thought "if someone is selling 'mutations' I'll buy it". Next thing I knew, that cd was in front of my eyes. Of course I bought it on the spot.

    Great guy!!!

    (Never saw him live, though)

    Cheers!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Wow, I really envy you, I only had the last cd, but I'm on way to buy them all.
      And the day he comes, I finally could die happy and complete, hahaha

      Eliminar
  4. lol I loved the lyrics, not gonna work for anyone :)

    ResponderEliminar
  5. His videos are so funny!. Great art director, or whatever. I like his voice too.
    See ya on the hallways!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I like beck, My sister is beck fan , I know him for her.

    ResponderEliminar